top of page

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is for skilled workers who have Canadian work experience and want to become permanent residents.


CEC candidates who succeed under Express Entry are usually able to get their permanent residence status within six months; and do not need to demonstrate to IRCC that they have settlement funds.

Am I eligible to apply for the Canadian Experience Class program?

To be eligible under CEC, you must meet the following minimum requirements:

  • Have at least 1 year of skilled, professional or technical work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply—you can meet this in a few different ways:

    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)

    • equal amount in part-time work: for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

      • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement.

    • full-time work at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

  • Have gained your work experience by working in Canada while under temporary resident status with authorization to work

  • Meet the language proficiency in English or French - CLB 5 for NOC B jobs and CLB 7 for NOC A or O jobs

  • Plan to live and work outside of the province of Quebec

Note: Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (such as co-op work term) does not count under this program.

Contact Lumen Immigration for more information or assistance applying for the Canadian Experience Class program.

bottom of page