top of page

Super Visa allows parents and grandparents to visit their children or grandchildren for up to 2 years at a time. It’s a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years.

Am I eligible for a Super Visa?


To be eligible for a super visa, you must:

  • Be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada

  • Have a signed letter from your child or grandchild who invites you to Canada that includes:

    • A promise of financial support for the length of your visit

    • The list and number of people in the household of this person

    • A copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document

  • Have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:

    • Valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry

    • At least $100,000 coverage

    • Have proof that the medical insurance has been paid (quotes aren’t accepted)


You must also:

  • Apply for a super visa from outside Canada

  • Be allowed to enter Canada

  • Take an immigration medical exam

  • Meet certain other conditions


You can’t include dependants in this application.

Financial Support or Proof of Funds


The child or grandchild who invites you must prove that their household meets the minimum necessary income. The following documents are examples of what can be used as proof of funds:

  • Notice of Assessment (NOA) or T4/T1 for the most recent tax year

  • Employment Insurance stubs

  • Employment letter including salary and date of hiring

  • Pay stubs

  • Bank statements

Contact Lumen Immigration for more information or assistance applying for a super visa.

bottom of page