top of page
notary public.png

Lumen Immigration Services provide Oath Commissioning Service for immigration services to clients in Ontario.


A commissioner is a person authorized by the Province of Ontario to take oaths or declarations when you sign an affidavit or statutory declaration. A commissioner for taking affidavits (also known as commissioner of oaths) is not the same as a notary public. A commissioner has authority only to administer oaths and take affidavits.


The person signing the affidavit must show government issued identification that contains a current photo and signature, such as a valid driver’s licence. You are required to sign in the presence of the commissioner.

What type of documents can be commissioned?

Lumen Immigration Services only commission immigration and citizenship related documents, including:​

  • Visitor Visa Invitation Letter

  • Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

  • Statutory declaration from the non-accompanying parent of no objection to the child immigrating to Canada

  • Statutory declaration in Lieu of Guarantor Form

  • Statutory declaration of lost passport or permeant residence card (must include police report number)

  • Affidavit explaining discrepancies/amendments to birth, death, marriage or education documents

  • Affidavit for lost citizenship and immigration documents

  • Canadian citizenship forms

  • Proof of residency

  • Evidence in support of new application for previous visa or permit refusals

  • Other immigration and citizenship related documents

How do I get my documents commissioned?

The process for getting your documents commissioned is simple and easy. Just follow these steps:

  • Make contact to schedule an appointment for commission services

  • Bring the original documents and any copies that need to be commissioned to your appointment

  • Provide identification, such as a passport or driver’s license, to verify your identity

  • Sign the documents in front of the commissioner

  • Pay the commission fee

That’s it! Your documents will be commissioned and ready to be used as needed.

Contact Lumen Immigration to get your immigration and citizenship documents commissioned.

bottom of page